Love life, live yoga: Retreat stay at the Krishna Village Eco Yoga Community
Available all year round, with flexible arrival dates
Enjoy flexible and affordable retreats with yoga, meditation, massages, nature, and delicious vegetarian food.
Experience a New Kind of Yoga Retreat at Krishna Village
Have you found yourself wishing there was a way to reset? A way to escape the stresses of daily life and take the quality time needed to reassess your priorities, rediscover your purpose and reconnect to yourself on a deeper level?
Located in the hinterland between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast in the Northern Rivers of NSW, Krishna Village is a unique eco-yoga-community and wellness retreat space known for our open-minded, hands-on approach to personal and spiritual growth.
At Krishna Village, enjoy the freedom to curate your own unique retreat experience from the classes and activities offered each day, and be inspired to reconnect to nature, your true self, and a vibrant community of spiritual seekers from around the world.
About our retreats
Immerse yourself in a fascinating, vibrant community of yogis, travellers and spiritual seekers on an eco-village set in the foothills of the Wollumbin National Park, 45 minutes north of Byron Bay
Nourish your soul and experience a healthy, sustainable, spiritually based lifestyle
Learn about yoga in a holistic way, including postures, Vedic philosophy, kirtan and mantra singing, Ayurveda, and delicious vegetarian and vegan food
Live and breathe the spirit of Bhakti Culture - the yoga of loving devotion
Take long walks in peaceful solitude around the farm estate, meet people of all ages from across the globe, and enjoy inspiring conversations around the camp fire
Feel vibrantly healthy and alive on a physical, emotional and spiritual level
If you are curious, visit our beautiful Radha Govardhandhari temple and learn about the spiritual foundations of our 'simple living, high thinking' philosophy
Best Yoga & Wellness Retreat Near Byron Bay
Did you ever wish that there was a way you could just go away and have some quality time for yourself to re-assess your priorities and start over? If yes and you are near the Byron Bay area or Gold Coast area (The Krishna Village is located half way between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast), our yoga retreat might just be that big break and fresh start you have been looking for.
Why Do You Need A Yoga Health & Wellness Retreat Near Bryon Bay?
Our modern way of living is incredibly rushed and packed with all sorts of activities, distractions, chores, work, and tasks that are waiting to be completed. This busy way of life can leave you feeling stressed, emotionally drained, spiritually fatigued and it can have a huge impact on your personality, relationships, and productivity. Hence, a yoga health retreat can be an ideal opportunity to heal and re-energise.
Krishna Village is conveniently located only 30 minutes inland from the Pacific Highway and it is the perfect place to catch your breath, get your priorities straight, manage stress and come back to being the best version of you.
Experience our joyous and simple ‘love life, live yoga’ lifestyle and learn how to navigate any challenge graciously and from a healthy, resourceful frame of mind.
What Our Byron Bay Yoga Health Retreat Can Do For You
Here are just a few examples of the amazing personal improvements you can expect to experience when you visit our retreat:
- Skills development – Krishna Village gives you plenty of opportunities to develop your skills. Our organic farm is an ideal setting for learning about sustainable living and we offer a wide range of courses like yoga teacher training, massage courses, reiki courses, permaculture courses and much more. You can boost your personal skills and even add valuable certifications as a yoga teacher, massage practitioner or else to your CV.
- Personal development – If you’re in the Byron Bay area and you’re looking for a yoga retreat that’s supporting peoples’ personal development, you’ve just found the right place. We take you back to the basics of living and help you re-align with your core priorities. Through meditation, yoga and life coaching you can reconnect to who you truly are by learning how to truly relax your mind and spirit, further your personal growth on a spiritual level.
- Stress management – One of the best benefits of visiting a wellness retreat near Byron Bay or an even more scenic space in the gorgeous, less overcrowded hinterland, like Krishna Village, is that you will learn how to manage stress better. The whole Northern Rivers region, and especially the Tweed Shire with its impressive volcanic caldera and magical Mt. Warning are known for their natural beauty and special, healing energy. Make sure to enjoy beautiful day trips to the rainforests and beaches in the area. Along with our amazing massages, delicious food, inspiring classes and awesome crowd this might be just what you need to get rid of that build-up of stress and tension.
- Improved health – Yoga is a gentle yet superb full body workout. It is great for strengthening core muscles, boosting your posture, improving balance, deepening your breathing and for boosting flexibility all of which benefits your body and immune system. We also serve delicious vegetarian meals with ingredients that are sourced locally wherever possible, or grown right here in our own gardens. An ideal starting point if you are looking for a yoga retreat that helps improve overall health by supporting new, healthy habits.
- Weight management – Yoga, long walks, vegetarian meals and effective stress management will enable you to manage your body weight much better. With a balanced and healthy body weight, you will enjoy much more confidence, higher energy levels, and improved health.
- Learn about yoga and meditation – Yoga and meditation have incredible health benefits both on a physical and mental level, which will benefit you in the short and long run. Krishna Village is one of the best wellness retreats in the Byron Bay / Gold Coast area if you are looking for a yoga retreat that doesn’t only present these ancient practices as a fashionable exercise scheme, but as a holistic lifestyle that benefits body, mind and soul. Deepend your yoga practice and try out our meditation styles (kirtan and japa) which will enable you to stay in a joyous and stress-free frame of mind.
- Life coaching – Life coaching sessions are designed to help you find balance. You will be taken back to the basics and learn what your core needs and values are. We help you prioritise your life and lifestyle so you can regain control and start living the life you want and deserve.
Relax Yourself With Our Wellness Retreat Near Byron Bay
It is time to stop living an unfulfilled and stressful lifestyle where there just doesn’t seem to be enough time to unwind and look after yourself. Time to take the first step to renew and relax your mind and body:
- Book your stay – You can choose from single, twin, double and camping accommodations. Our retreat packages include daily yoga classes, yogic living classes, an optional temple program, daily kirtan meditation and three vegetarian meals a day.
- Enjoy our great retreat – The Krishna Village is often referred to as the Garden of Eden as it’s a haven for leading a simple, mindful, spiritually based lifestyle.
- Lots of different programs to choose from – While you are visiting our retreat you can take part in a variety of yoga and yoga lifestyle classes every day. You can also choose from additional wellness options such as life coaching, massages and reiki or enrol in professional programmes to further your life skills and become a yoga teacher, massage or reiki practitioner or permaculture designer.
- Have plenty of fun – Krishna Village is the best yoga retreat because there are so many fun things to do. You can enjoy yoga sessions, get a massage, visit our organic farm, have a cuddle with our Sacred Cows and their calves, swim in the river, help us pick fruits and vegetables, sing along with us at the campfire, visit the beach, hike Mt Warning or visit Springbrook National Park.
- Get plenty of rest – All of the activities at our retreat are designed to relax and renew your spirit. There are plenty of opportunities for you to unwind and get plenty of rest.
- Return renewed and refreshed – When your stay at the retreat is over, you will feel completely renewed on a physical and spiritual level and can return home and get back to your normal life feeling fully recharged and revitalised.
- For more information about our relaxing activities, accommodation options, vegetarian food or about our yoga sessions feel free to contact us. We welcome anyone who is looking for a change so make your booking today and change your lifestyle for a better tomorrow.
How to Get the Most from Your Yoga Retreat
Embarking on a yoga retreat is a rewarding and potentially life-changing decision that will help you to learn new lessons and live a more fulfilling and healthy life. There are a series of steps that you can take to ensure that you get the most from your retreat. Here is a closer look.
To get the most from your retreat experience, you will want to make sure that you are properly prepared. This means checking that you have everything you will need (including those items which are specific to your retreat as well as general and personal items) and that you are in the right mindset to get the most from the experience.
Be sure to do some research and put yourself in the right frame of mind to get the most from your retreat. In fact, contact us if you would like our advice!
We all have a lot going on in our everyday lives. It can be difficult to stop worrying about our work, our family, our finances and much more. These various concerns can keep us tied down and make it difficult for us to ever break free. Like quicksand, they can keep us stuck and stop us from moving forward.
When it comes to yoga retreats, Australia residents will find that they have the incredible opportunity to truly disconnect for a short while and be present in what they are doing. Many people find that it is a life-changing experience to be truly present. Therefore, we recommend that you try to give everything your full attention. Upon doing so, our guests report that they experience a deeper appreciation for every meal, conversation, and moment.
Just like preparing is key to enjoying any yoga retreats Australia has to offer, you should also be sure to set aside some time after your retreat to truly reflect on what you have learnt and experienced. Once you have some distance, you will be in a better position to reflect. Think about how you can apply the lessons your learned to make your everyday life more mindful, purposeful and conscious.
Why it is Important to Find Reputable Yoga and Meditation Retreats
Of course, you will want to make sure that you go on a reputable yoga retreat. By finding a trusted and well-rated yoga retreat, you can rest assured that you’ll have a positive experience. When looking for a suitable place, pay particular attention to reviews and testimonials from past visitors.
By reading their stories, you will get a firsthand insight into what you can expect. Look into the quality of teaching and guidance, available facilities, peoples’ personal experience at the retreat.
We have a wide range of reviews available for you to read, and we hope that these will give you a vivid and accurate idea of what you can expect when visiting Krishna Village.
Krishna Village is NSW's best yoga retreat for people looking to relax & recharge. We offer yoga teacher training for visitors who want to become yoga instructors. If you are looking for a retreat, we offer yoga classes, meditation and spiritual retreats to help you relax. Enquire online or call us to learn more.- Read Less
The Krishna Village experience
As an established eco-yoga community and retreat centre, we provide a continuous and diverse schedule of daily classes and activities for all our guests, taught by a wide range of instructors.
We offer two Yoga classes per day, one in the early morning and the other mid-afternoon, as well as Kirtan and Yogic Living classes, which encompass a broad variety of topics around healthy yogic living, such as vedic philosophy, meditation, ayurveda, and more.
In addition to this program we regularly offer smaller classes and sessions, inspired by the contributions of various travelling teachers and talented volunteers who are passing through. To get a general idea about our program, please have a look at our activities overview.
We welcome visitors for all lengths of stay, whether for a month, a week, or just a few days, as well as families with children. Please note, children are required to be supervised by their parents at all times. The recommended arrival day is Monday, when we run an 11am Welcome Tour for all new arrivals and introduce you to Krishna Village, the yoga program, our vision and lifestyle, and our Radha Govardhandari temple.
To see if this experience is for you, please read our FAQ for retreat guests and our Code of Conduct. If you are dealing with any physical or mental health issues, please also check our Are you ready page to make sure this is a suitable experience for you.
At the Krishna Village we offer a range of accommodation options spread out over the property of ‘New Govardhana’, from creatively renovated container rooms in the village proper to private pine cabins set in the hills overlooking the valley.
The village itself sits at the bottom of the farm alongside the Oxley river and comprises the majority of our accommodation options, including the Lotus Pod Apartments, the Village Containers, our large campground and powered vehicle sites and the two dormitories. Most of the accommodation in the village is serviced by shared amenities, with communal bathrooms providing shower, toilet and laundry facilities. Up the hill, we also have cabins and additional guest house rooms. Most rooms have shared amenities, unless otherwise specified.
Common areas are accessible to all our guests but are largely located in the heart of the village and include a large communal kitchen, dining & campfire area, a cosy study and reading room with WiFi access and the newly renovated yoga hall facility, where we gather for classes and which provides a space for private practice of all kinds.
In addition, all of our accommodation is inclusive of 3 meals each day as well as access to our full retreat class schedule, including twice daily yoga sessions.
Set among beautiful mango and lychee trees near our eastern garden, our camp ground can host up to 20 tents and 5 camper vans (no wider than 2.8m and no longer than 6m). The area for the vans is equipped with electricity. The amenities block is only 50m away.
Village Single, Twin Share & Double Rooms
The Krishna Village has 2 double rooms (one big bed), 4 twin shares (bunk bed) and 11 single rooms set in converted shipping containers that have been renovated and turned into simple, cozy accommodation. They share a big verandah looking into the lush green of the rainforest, with multiple chairs and tables to sit, relax, chat and read. Bedding is provided, but you need to bring your own towels and toiletries.
Lotus Pod Double Rooms
Located in the newly renovated Lotus Pod in the heart of Krishna Village, these rooms are ideal if you’re looking for a bit more privacy. Our cozy double rooms have one double bed and a lovely private patio for you to read, relax or enjoy the sounds of nature. Your room also includes a wardrobe and a fan for summer or heater for winter. Bedding is provided, but you need to bring your own towels and toiletries. You have access to shared amenities with bathrooms and showers, available to Lotus Pod guests only.
Lotus Pod Family Apartment
Located in the newly renovated Lotus Pod, the Lotus Pod Apartment is ideal if you’re looking for a bit more privacy or space for your family. This beautiful apartment has two rooms: one family room with a double sofa bed, and one bedroom with a double bed. The family room has a stunning view of Mt. Warning and the surrounding area. Your room also includes a closet, wardrobe, private bathroom, and air conditioning.
Guest House Shared Rooms
Simple yet comfortable shared male or female room containing two bunk beds (comprising 4 beds) with a lovely garden view. The shared guest house has a stunning view of the entire farm, and shared facilities include communal male and female bathrooms, a spacious lounge room, wraparound verandas, a communal kitchen, and laundry facilities. You also have access to the Krishna Village yoga hall and reading room (5-10 minute walk). Linen and towels provided.
Guest House Private Rooms
We have 4, 5 and 6 bed private rooms in the Guest House, with a lovely garden view. The shared guest house has the most beautiful view of the entire farm, and shared facilities include communal male and female bathrooms, a spacious lounge room, wraparound verandas, a communal kitchen, and laundry facilities. You also have access to the Krishna Village yoga hall and reading room (5-10 minute walk). Linen and towels provided. Also includes fan and heater.
Family Cabin (6 Person)
The family cabin is close to the temple and has a beautiful view of the lake and valley from your private veranda. It has two bedrooms - one with a double bed and one with three single beds (one bunk bed and a pull out trundle). It features a lounge and kitchenette with a kettle, toaster, microwave, and small fridge. Private bathroom and shower attached. Includes heater. You also have access to all shared amenities in Krishna Village (5 minute walk), including the communal kitchen, reading room, coin operated laundry and yoga hall. Recommended for no more than 4 adults, plus 1-2 children.
These private cabins are a 5 minute walk to the temple and have a beautiful view of the surroundings from your private veranda. The open plan design contains one double bed, one sofa bed or single bed, and a pull out trundle (best suited for 2 adults and 1 child). It features an ensuite bathroom and a kitchenette with a small fridge and kettle. You also have access to the adjacent Bhakti Guesthouse fully equipped kitchen and all additional shared amenities in Krishna Village (5-10 minute walk), including the communal kitchen, reading room, coin operated laundry and yoga hall. These cabins are recommended for 3 guests (2 adults, 1 child); however, if you would like to book for 4 please call reception.
Included in your Stay
Daily yoga classes
Yogic Living classes
Three delicious vegetarian meals daily, with vegan lunch in the village Sunday through Friday
Fresh Jeeva Juice
Massage, Reiki, and other healing therapies
Transport to and from Krishna Village
Delicious Vegetarian & Vegan Food
The Krishna Farm has been producing organic veggies since the 1980s and is well established to grow a variety of high-quality produce, free of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. We grow as much of our own food as we can, and otherwise buy locally wherever possible.
We produce three delicious vegetarian meals every day at the temple kitchen, with food served at the prasadam hall at the top of the hill. Additionally, the village kitchen prepares a bountiful vegan lunch on all days except Saturday, when the volunteers take their day of rest, focusing on produce from the organic gardens and catering to gluten free diets. This lunch is served in the village dining area.
All our food, whether served at the village or the temple, is prasadam - sacred food prepared in a consciousness of loving service. Like in other cultures, we offer our food before we eat to say Grace and thank the Divine for the sun, the rain, and all the visible and invisible blessings necessary to co-create a delicious meal. Feel free to sing along with us, or just listen and enjoy…
The Krishna Farm
Nestled in the foothills of the Wollumbin National Park in the heart of the Northern Rivers of New South Wales, the Hare Krishna Farm “New Govardhana” is a 1000 acre certified organic property with orchards, syntropic vegetable gardens, protected cows, horses, streams and swimming holes in abundance.
New Govardhana serves as an ashram to a community of yogis who aspire to live according to their deepest vows and commitments on their path of service, spiritual contentment and happiness (Bhakti Yoga). Their service and dedication make this location a beautiful place of growth, healing and spiritual awakening. The Radha Govardhandhari temple is the beating heart of the community at New Govardhana, and we invite all who visit the property to come along and experience the lifestyle and philosophy reflected by the practice of Krishna Consciousness.
Things to do
Ground yourself in our yoga classes
Expand your mind with Yogic Living classes
Treat yourself to a variety of therapeutic massages or an energy healing/Reiki session
Visit the cows and help milking
Swim in the river
Meditate near the 'Manasi Ganga' lake
Cleanse your body with delicious Jeeva Juice
Explore the vibrant cafe and art scene in Murwillumbah
Visit the Tweed Regional Gallery and the Margaret Olley Art Centre
Enjoy a trip to Tyalgum (15mins away) with its quaint cafes and shops and stunning Caldera views
Head to the beach (30-minute drive to Cabarita)
Hike up Mount Warning (15-minute drive) and visit the lovely Rainforest Cafe on the way
Visit Springbrook National Park (30-minute drive)
Cost & payment
The 2019-2020 rates for our retreat stays incl. 3 meals/day and accommodation. Children 5 and under stay for free.
1) 1) Before you book, please read our terms and conditions including our refund policy.
2) Select your preferred start date (Sun-Fri, not Sat!!). Recommended length of stay is 7 nights
3) Make sure that the correct amount of nights and people is selected
4) Book, pay and receive a confirmation from us within minutes