Krishna Village Head Teacher Lila Kirtana
With many years of teaching experience - both as a yoga instructor and an English teacher - Lila is an embodied bhakti yogini. Captured by the yogic lifestyle, Lila completed her level 1 + 2 training and has been dedicating her life to spreading yogic knowledge ever since. Apart from managing the Krishna Village yoga schedule and the teacher training team, Lila loves guiding our yoga teacher trainees and guests through classes on asanas, alignment, Ayurveda and so much more.
Lila is also passionate to share her spiritual journey through Kirtan - the practice of singing mantra meditation - with our Krishna Village guests. She lives her passion every day and shares the journey of yoga, growth and learning with a grounded, inspiring and uplifting energy.
Lila's credentials in a nutshell
- Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in English and Philosophy from the University of Wollongong
- Education degree at the University of Technology Sydney
- 2.5 years of ashram life
- Certificate IV in Yoga Teaching
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
- Teaching yoga since 2005
- Full time as a yoga teacher trainer since 2008
- Pre/Postnatal Yoga training with Bliss Baby Yoga in 2012
- Kid's Yoga teacher training with Zenergy Yoga in 2014
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Lead singer of the enCHANTed band
- Deep understanding of Ayurveda through years of study and regular trips to India
- Available for interviews in English and Japanese
Expertise for interviews
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Applying yogic lifestyle in day-to-day life
- Bhakti yoga as a spiritual path
- Ayurveda theory and practice
- Raising children in a yogic mindset