Full immersion intensive training
5 weeks course: 5 March - 6 April 2018
Deepen your understanding of yogic practices, broaden your repertoire and take your yoga teaching skills to the next level
About the course
Full immersion program that spans 5 weeks, living in a fascinating, vibrant community of about 70 yogis, travellers and spiritual seekers on an eco farm between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast.
Nourish your soul with Yoga Teacher Training that addresses the science of yoga holistically including postures and philosophy as well as Ayurveda, Kirtan, anatomy and physiology, nutrition, meditation and mindfulness.
Teach classes ongoingly and receive in depth feedback from our team of internationally experienced senior yoga teacher trainers.
Upgrade your Yoga Alliance international certification to 500hr yoga teacher - Vinyasa Flow style
To see if this experience is for you, read our FAQ for Yoga Teacher Trainees and have a look at our Code of Conduct. If you are dealing with any physical or mental health issues, please also check our Are you ready page to make sure this is a suitable course for you.
This course is for advanced yogis who have completed their 200hr yoga teacher training at least a few months previous. Admission will happen on a case-by-case basis. To gain access, you need a minimum of 50 hrs teaching experience, running public classes. Trainees will...
... begin teaching solo classes from the first week of the course.
... need some experience of a dedicated meditation practice [in any style] and have the discipline and desire to meditate for longer periods on the course
... need to have a basic understanding of the practice of kirtan [such as is achieved in our Level 1 course].
Our level 2 training will vary greatly from our Level 1 format. The main focus will be on deepening your experience of the various aspects of yogic living taught in Level 1. It will include:
- New postures and variations to greatly enhance repertoire
- A morning ritual of Ayurvedic and Yogic Kriyas [cleansing practices] along with Pranayama and Meditation, which will progressively increase in depth throughout the course.
- 2 hour Yoga Masterclass Workshops with senior teachers each week, followed by a 3 hour breakdown of the workshop so that trainees will understand and be able to replicate similar workshops.
- Topics will include: Advanced Sequencing, Yin Yoga, Therapy Yoga, How to weave Philosophy into your class, Partner Yoga and Massage, the Relationship between Chakras and Gunas, and Advanced Posture workshops such as teaching Handstands or Forearm Balances.
- 'Art of Presentation' workshops, to teach you how to deliver a 1 hour presentation of your choice.
- A deeper immersion into the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras, as well as other yogic texts that will require reading prior to the course.
- More Anatomy and Physiology with a focus on breath and the Parasympathetic Nervous System.
- Classes on Ayurvedic lifestyle, incorporating diet, fasting and detoxification.
- Option to participate in the annual 'Sacred Sounds Retreat' at the Krishna Farm - a 4 day Bhakti Yoga kirtan retreat with talented international musicians. Participation in this retreat will be along with several hundred other attendees.
The Krishna Village can host up to 70 people in a combination of rooms, dorms and camping spots. There are usually around 30 full time volunteers who work in our organic gardens and maintain the grounds, 15-25 retreat guests or Karma Yogis and up to 20 yoga teacher trainees.
All rooms have shared amenities. The amenities block includes showers, toilets and a coin operated laundry (byo laundry powder).
Common areas include the kitchen & campfire area (the heart of the Krishna Village), the reading room (with Internet hotspot) and the yoga hall where we gather for classes.
Single, twin share & double rooms
The Krishna Village has 2 double rooms (1 big bed), 4 twin share rooms bunk bed) and 11 single rooms. They are all set in former shipping containers that have been renovated and turned into simple but comfortable accommodation. All Twin rooms are equipped with bunk beds, bedding is being provided.
We offer a female and a male dorm - each for up to 4 people - and one 3-share dorm. The dorms have bunk beds and wardrobe space for your belongings, and bedding is provided. They are simple, older rooms and about 100m from the amenities block.
Set among beautiful mango and lychee trees in our eastern garden, our camp ground can host up to 20 tents and 5 camper vans. The area for the vans is equipped with electricity. The amenities block is only 50m away.
Delicious Vegetarian Food
The Krishna Farm has been producing organic veggies since the 1980s and has therefore fantastic conditions to grow excellent produce. We grow as much of our own food as we can, and otherwise buy locally wherever possible.
We provide 3 delicious vegetarian meals every day, with lunches taking place at the Krishna Village community kitchen, and breakfast and dinners - mostly Indian style - served at the prasadam hall, next to the temple.
All our food is prasadam - sacred food prepared in a consciousness of loving service. Like in other cultures, we offer our food before we eat to say Grace and thank the Divine for the sun, the rain, and all the visible and invisible blessings necessary to co-create a delicious meal. Feel free to sing along with us, or just listen and enjoy...
The Krishna Farm
Nestled in the foothills of Mount Warning, in the heart of the Northern Rivers of New South Wales, the Krishna Farm “New Govardhana” is a 1000 acre property with orchards, certified organic veggie gardens, cows, horses, streams and swimming holes in abundance.
New Govardhana serves as an ashram to a community of yogis who aspire to live according to their deepest vows and commitments on their path of service, spiritual contentment and happiness (Bhakti Yoga). Their service and dedication make this location a beautiful place of growth, healing and spiritual awakening. If you are interested, please come along and visit our beautiful Radha Govardhandhari temple.
Cost & payment
The rates for the course incl. 3 meals/day and accommodation for 5 weeks are:
Camping: AU$ 4595 - early bird rate: AU$ 4295
Dorm (4-share): AU$4895 - early bird rate: AU$ 4595
In twin share accommodation: AU$ 5250 - early bird rate: AU$ 4950
In a single room: AU$ 6095 - early bird rate: AU$ 5795
Payment plans are available - for details, please have a look at our current price list. To book a payment plan, just select the according option in the booking process.
Before you book, please read our terms and conditions including our refund policy.
Not from Australia? Figure out your rate with the XE currency converter.
Required course materials: Check our shopping list for a list of the items you need.
1) Click button to select your preferred start date on our booking page
2) On the booking page, select your accommodation type
3) If you prefer to pay in several rates, please select "Paying in instalments" in the additional options and pay a deposit + 4 instalments (monthly or fortnightly, as detailed in the end of our price list).
Save AU$300 if you book early
5:00am - Sunrise Yoga & Meditation
6:15am - Pranayama
8:15am - Breakfast break
9:15am - Practise teaching new postures
11:30am - 30 mins break
12:30pm - Kirtan
1:00 pm - Yoga anatomy and physiology
2:00pm - Lunch and free time
4:15pm - Sunset Vinyasa Yoga
6:00pm - Dinner
9:00pm - Quiet time