Love life, live yoga: Retreat stay at the Krishna Village Eco Yoga Community
Flexible arrival dates available all year round
Enjoy flexible and affordable retreats with yoga, meditation, massages, life coaching and delicious vegetarian food.
About our retreats
- Immerse yourself in a fascinating, vibrant community of about 75 yogis, travellers and spiritual seekers on an eco farm between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast
- Nourish your soul and experience a healthy, sustainable, spiritually based lifestyle
- Learn about yoga in a holistic way, including postures, philosophy, kirtan, personal development and delicious vegetarian food
- Live and breathe the spirit of Bhakti Culture - the yoga of love.
- Take long walks in solitude around the farm, or meet people of all ages and from all around the world. Enjoy inspiring conversations around the camp fire.
- Feel vibrantly alive and healthy on a physical, emotional and spiritual level
- If you are curious, visit our beautiful Radha Govardhandhari temple and learn about the spiritual basis of our 'simple living, high thinking' philosophy.
The Krishna Village experience
As a permanent eco yoga community, we provide classes ongoingly for all guests, taught by a variety of teachers. The recommended arrival day is Monday, when we run an 11am Welcome Tour for all new arrivals and introduce you to our program, our vision and our way of life.
To get a general idea about our program, please have a look at our activities overview. At the moment we are running yoga classes 2x/day (early morning and afternoon) as well as Yogic Living classes on Sun-Fri at 12:30pm, which encompass a broad variety of topics around a healthy yoga lifestyle, like philosophy, meditation, ayurveda, life coaching etc.. Many of them are the 'best of' parts of our Yoga Teacher Training curriculum, made available for all guests - like on this example schedule.
You can come and join us for a month, a week, or just a few days. Kids are most welcome, but need to be supervised by their parents at all times. To see if this experience is for you, read our FAQ for Retreat Guests and have a look at our Code of Conduct. If you are dealing with any physical or mental health issues, please also check our Are you ready page to make sure this is a suitable place for you.
Example retreat schedule
05:00 - Gentle morning yoga class
08:30 - Breakfast
08:30 - Time for bush walks, day trips or wellness treatments
12:30 - Lunch
13:30 - Kirtan (Mantra meditation)
14:00 - Yogic Living Class (Life coaching, Ayurveda, Philosophy or else)
16:00 - Energetic afternoon yoga class
18:00 - Dinner
19:00 - Evening class (Varying topics, 2-3 times/week)
21:00 - Curfew / quiet time
Located between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast, the Krishna Village can host up to 75 people in a combination of rooms, dorms and camping spots. There are usually around 25 full time volunteers who work in our organic gardens and maintain the grounds, 15-20 Yoga Teacher trainees, 10 long term community members and 15-25 retreat guests and Karma Yogis.
All rooms have shared amenities. The amenities block includes showers, toilets and a coin operated laundry (byo laundry powder).
Common areas include the kitchen & campfire area (the heart of the Krishna Village), the reading room (with Internet hotspot) and the yoga hall where we gather for classes.
Single, double and twin share rooms
The Krishna Village has 2 double rooms (one big bed), 4 twin shares (bunk bed) and 11 single rooms. They are all set in former shipping containers that have been renovated and turned into simple but comfortable accommodation. Bedding is being provided, but you need to bring your own towels and toiletries.
Set among beautiful mango and lychee trees in our eastern garden, our camp ground can host up to 20 tents and 5 camper vans. The area for the vans is equipped with electricity. The amenities block is only 50m away.
Cost & payment
The 2018 rates for our retreat stays incl. 3 meals/day and accommodation are:
Camping: $50/night or $320/week (for couples: $85/night or $560/week)
In twin share accommodation: $70/night ($90 on weekend nights) or $450/week
In a single room: $90/night ($110 on weekend nights) or $620/week
1) Before you book, please read our terms and conditions including our refund policy.
2) Select your preferred start date (Sun-Fri, not Sat!!).
3) Make sure that the correct amount of nights is selected
4) Book, pay and receive a confirmation from us within minutes
We recommend to stay for 7 nights, but you can choose to book in for a shorter getaway
Delicious Vegetarian Food
The Krishna Farm has been producing organic veggies since the 1980s and has therefore fantastic conditions to grow excellent produce. We grow as much of our own food as we can, and otherwise buy locally wherever possible.
We provide 3 delicious vegetarian meals every day, with lunches taking place at the Krishna Village community kitchen, and breakfast and dinners - mostly Indian style - served at the prasadam hall, next to the temple.
All our food is prasadam - sacred food prepared in a consciousness of loving service and offered to our deities before we eat. Like in other cultures, we offer our food to say Grace and thank the Divine for the sun, the rain, and all the visible and invisible blessings necessary to co-create a delicious meal. Feel free to sing along with us, or just listen and enjoy...
The Krishna Farm
Nestled in the foothills of Mount Warning, in the heart of the Northern Rivers of New South Wales, the Hare Krishna farm “New Govardhana” is a 1000 acre property with orchards, certified organic veggie gardens, cows, horses, streams and swimming holes in abundance.
New Govardhana serves as an ashram to a community of yogis who aspire to live according to their deepest vows and commitments on their path of service, spiritual contentment and happiness, Bhakti Yoga. Their service and dedication make this location a beautiful place of growth, healing and spiritual awakening. If you are interested, please come along and visit our beautiful Radha Govardhandhari temple.
Things to do
- Enjoy the yoga classes
- Expand your horizon with Yogic Living classes
- Treat yourself to a massage, life coaching or reiki session
- Visit the cows and help milking
- Swim in the river
- Meditate near the 'Manasi Ganga' lake
- Cleanse your body with delicious Jeeva Juice
- Explore the vibrant cafe and art scene in Murwillumbah
- Visit the Tweed Regional Gallery and the Margaret Olley Art Centre
- Enjoy a trip to Tyalgum (15mins away) with its cute cafe and shops and marvellous Caldera views
- Head to the beach (30-minute drive to Cabarita)
- Hike up Mount Warning (15-minute drive) and visit the lovely Rainforest Cafe on the way
- Visit Springbrook National Park (30-minute drive)
- Daily yoga classes
- Yogic Living classes
- Temple program and meditation
- Three delicious vegetarian meals daily
- Internet access
- Fresh Jeeva Juice
- Massage / Reiki healing
- Private life coaching
- Transport to and from Krishna Village
- Travel insurance
Meet the Teachers
We have a variety of in-house teachers and guest facilitators to keep our schedule interesting and varied. Here are a few faces you are most likely to meet:
In addition, some classes are taught by our yoga teacher trainees, and by travelling yogis who hold appropriate certifications.