Philosophy Teacher Michael 'Govinda Mohan' Olabode
Krishna Village philosophy teacher Michael is a student by morn, a teacher by noon and a rapper by night. At 17, while studying Maths, Physics and Business, he was noticed by Young Entrepreneur after joint-founding a company that personalised gifts in Greater London. From there, he went on to win a Future100 award for ethical and environmentally-friendly business.
Michael came across the bhakti yoga path in university and after graduating in Business from Cass Business School and landing a job in UBS international bank, he decided to explore the wisdom of yoga further. Having been to India 8 times over the past 6 years to study and explore the secrets of the Indian wisdom texts like Bhagavad-Gita, he was invited to teach philosophy and host interactive life seminars in universities and institutions in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Nigeria, India, Australia and New Zealand since 2010.
In 2016, Michael joined the Krishna Village team to facilitate the philosophy segment of the yoga teacher training. He has since added a series of Super Soul Retreats on different topics, that helps people make practical life changes based on modern science, self development and ancient Vedic wisdom. As an excellent public speaker, he mentors students on public speaking skills and is a sought after guest teacher on retreats and yoga teacher trainings around Australia.
Outside of teaching Michael enjoys travelling, cycling, playing football, volleyball, basketball, rapping, writing, advising, problem-solving and challenges anyone on earth at table tennis.
Michael's credentials in a nutshell
- Business degree from Cass Business School
- Winner of Future100 award for ethical and environmentally-friendly business
- Extensive travel to India to study and teach Vedic scriptures
- International speaker, retreat host and facilitator
Expertise for interviews
- Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and their modern application
- Bhakti yoga as a spiritual path
- Spiritual insights on topics like forgiveness, guilt, dharma (personal purpose or calling)
- Relationships and feminine/masculine energy
- A spiritual take on modern and ancient personal development tools